2018 Slingshot Misfit Air Core
Lighter isn’t always better. In this case, however, the 2018 Misfit is by far our lightest- and best- version yet. Inspired by the same ridiculously strong and lightweight material trusted in the best bike helmets on the market, the new Misfit Air Core features large sections of Koroyd in the tip, tail and lengthwise underfoot. The result: A lighter, more responsive and more dynamic Misfit.
The Misfit Air Core features mild rocker, a relatively stiff flex and a bottom profile that favor upwind drive, plow-through-chop performance and all-around freeride handling. Laser-cut NACA channels give the Misfit contour in the tip and tail that help channel water to generate speed and grip. Although a competent freestyle crossover, the Misfit Air Core’s mild rocker means it’s better for all-around cruising and slashing than it is for sticking hard landings.
SIZES: 136cm, 142cm, 146cm
- Misfit Aircore Deck
- 4 x 2" Kite Fins
- Grab Handle
- Slingshot’s updated legacy all-around twin tip
- Best choice for entry level progression
- Progress quickly & will not outgrow: get up & riding faster
- Smooth, consistent flex w/ Carbon Bedrock Inserts
- Flexible, durable, hand built wood + thermically welded Koroyd honeycomb-core construction
- Universal M6 hardware